Purpose of Role
Underwrite complex development and bridging loan applications within company lending criteria and within personal lending mandate. Accurately assess the risk attributed to the application ensuring that the loan is both suitable and fit for purpose. Communicate effectively with relevant third parties, building successful working relationships. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers alike. Take management responsibilities within the Underwriting team.
- Extensive, complex Underwriting experience within a specialist lending sector essential
- Ability to adopt a pragmatic approach to underwriting within approved lending mandate
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to work confidently with a small team or individually
- Confident telephone manner
- Excellent customer service
- Computer literate
- Planning and organisation
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Focus on results
- Analytical thinking
- Resilience and self-control
- Desire to succeed
- Minimum 3 years current underwriting to include holding a suitable lending mandate.
- Hands-on knowledge of loan processing systems.
- Knowledge of regulation as it affects bridging loans and proven ability to implement those principles throughout the underwriting process.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reasoning ability – problem solving, maturity of judgement.
- Interpersonal skills – positive communication.
- Self-management – initiative, flexibility, management of change.
- Contribution – Confidence to suggest amendments to process or policy
- Good standard of education
Please read the Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application.
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.