Purpose of Role
Underwrite approved development and bridging loan applications within company lending criteria and within personal lending mandate. Accurately assess the risk attributed to the application ensuring that the loan is both suitable and fit for purpose.
- Underwriting experience within a specialist lending sector essential
- Development experience is preferable
- Ability to adopt a pragmatic approach to underwriting within approved lending mandate
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to work confidently with a small team or individually
- Confident telephone manner
- Computer literate
- Planning and organisation
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Focus on results
- Analytical thinking
- Resilience and self control
- Desire to succeed
- Minimum 2 years recent underwriting to include holding a lending mandate.
- Hands-on knowledge of loan processing systems.
- Knowledge of regulation as it affects bridging loans and proven ability to implement those principles throughout the underwriting process.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reasoning ability – problem solving, maturity of judgement.
- Interpersonal skills – positive communication.
- Self management – initiative, flexibility, management of change.
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.