Purpose of Role
Underwrite approved (complex) Bridging, Development & Commercial loan applications within company lending criteria and within personal lending mandate.
Ensure that the principles of the ESIS or DIP are adhered to, in full, throughout the processing of the application.
Accurately assess the risk attributed to the application ensuring that the loan is both suitable and fit for purpose.
Identify any potential fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns to compliance.
Communicate effectively with relevant parties on the loan building successful working relationships with solicitors and valuers.
Understand and assess credit reports, documentation relating to verification of employment/self-employment and valuation reports.
Have the confidence to approve/reject applications in line with policy and to communicate your decision to interested parties.
Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers alike.
Follow and keep up to date with current best practice and regulatory requirements in line with company training.
- Extensive, complex Underwriting experience within a specialist lending sector essential
- Ability to adopt a pragmatic approach to underwriting within approved lending mandate
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to work confidently with a small team or individually
- Confident telephone manner
- Computer literate
- Planning and organisation
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Focus on results
- Analytical thinking
- Resilience and self-control
- Desire to succeed
- Minimum 3 years current underwriting to include holding a suitable lending mandate and a current lending mandate in bridging
- Hands-on knowledge of loan processing systems
- Knowledge of regulation as it affects bridging loans and proven ability to implement those principles throughout the underwriting process
Please read the Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application.
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.