Purpose of Role
The Customer Services Specialist will be the first point of contact for Masthaven Bank and will be responsible for all savings customer contact with the Bank.
The savings team will deliver excellent service through all contact channels with its customers: telephone, online, email, internet and post. Contacts will be from both prospective and existing savings customers requiring support and guidance.
The team will also be responsible for all operational servicing of customers including opening accounts for customers who do not go straight through the online application, reconciling payments, preparing manual fulfilment.
- A genuine passion for delivering outstanding customer service
- Have the ability to listen and to understand what the query is by asking the right questions, then resolving them for the customer
- Ability to treat each customer as an individual because the way you communicate with our customers directly affects how they think and feel about us, so confidence, pro-activeness and being comfortable in making decisions is key in this role
- Experience of working within a savings team in an operational environment at a small bank or building society
- Knowledge of savings regulations and legislation which directly impact savings administration activities, e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, Know Your Customer, Financial Services Compensation Scheme etc.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Have good PC skills. These are essential as you'll need to navigate around different systems quickly and efficiently whilst speaking to our customers.
- Be a great team player
- A-level or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years in Customer Service environment including complaint handling
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.