Purpose of Role
As head of a critical regulatory credit function you will be critical in the leadership and development of a new bank capability, performing oversight on all strategies that are created from your credit risk strategy team and ensuring that they are the best for both Masthaven and the customer. You will deliver these strategies to key, Executive Committee and Board-level stakeholders. This role is at the heart of guiding our frontline people in making the right decisions; educating our customers about how much we will lend, and why. This role will be key in improving how we segment, target, acquire and retain new customers, cognisant of risk, fraud and bad debt losses and maintaining and growing a more profitable customer base.
- Education: a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics or other quantitative related field is required
- Knowledge: a working knowledge of consumer credit risk management and must possess sound market and industry knowledge of the sector in which you specialise
- An understanding of the key drivers of mortgage financials and the underlying consumer behaviours that drive those financials
- Computer skills: advanced computer skills, especially proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint) applications; a working knowledge of SAS (Base, Macros) or SQL and other coding experience are acceptable. Experience in working with data and data manipulation tools is preferred
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills: the ability to handle several complex tasks simultaneously and also coordinate key projects with a variety of stakeholders is essential
- Communication skills: great written and verbal communication skills to be able to work effectively with others. You must also be able to communicate and present technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Time management skills: good time management skills, the ability to effectively prioritise tasks, maintain timelines and manage/plan workloads effectively
- Leadership skills: the ability to direct and motivate a team in order to deliver a common goal
- Analytical skills: the ability to make deductions and meaning from complex and abstract situations and make sound decisions from them
- Eye for detail: must be detail-oriented. You must be able to flag down small but urgent information/situations where you are required to step in, and never lose sight of small day-to-day seemingly unimportant events
- Stress management skills: the ability to work under pressure and cope with stress in a co-ordinated and rational manner. It is essential that you can make sound and rational decisions even under stressful/high pressure situations
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills: negotiate and influence people towards achieving a predetermined goal
Note: this job description provides an indication of the skills required and responsibilities associated with this position. It is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements. The job description is regularly reviewed and may be changed without prior consultation.
- Strong understanding of credit analysis and policies
- Good understanding of risk Management principles
- Good understanding of Basel III and evolving regulatory guidelines in this space
- Possess strong problem-solving skills (hypothesis-driven thinking, analytical, quantitative, conceptual skills)
- Thorough understanding of the evolving practices for the management of credit risk and regulatory requirements
- Capable of professional discussions with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to source data/perform periodic computations
- Exposure to credit risk modelling is desirable
- Proven banking experience, with bulk of it being in the credit risk management domain
Please read the Recruitment Privacy Notice
before submitting your application.
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.