Purpose of Role
Information is a key asset to ensure smooth operations of Masthaven Bank and to manage a trusted customer relationship. The role of the Data Protection Officer is twofold: Firstly to help the Bank meet its data protection and data privacy objectives thereby protecting the company by helping it meet its regulatory obligations, and secondly to ensure that information assets are optimized to support and enhance customer service, meeting of customer needs and operational efficiency and insight. The role holder will provide guidance to business areas across the Bank on the appropriate handling of all personal information, in whatever format it is used, and help drive to a single common taxonomy and storage of customer information (“one truth”).
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative to deliver quality solutions in support of Masthaven
- Exercises judgement on business risks by working with line management in business lines and functions.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of business data and flows
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills – ability to influence colleagues at a senior level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with industry-related products and services offerings
- Proven project management experience
- Ability to be the “voice of the customer” in thinking about appropriate data usage
- Be able to take organisational view and encourage team and others to take a wider view
- Have good judgement and the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Able to explain complex matters in ways that audiences at different levels can understand
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the organisation as it grows
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong technology knowledge to understand risk, opportunities and the “art of the possible”
- Educated to degree level
- Direct experience of data privacy compliance in UK, ideally in a financial services business
- Experience of leading data privacy initiatives and projects
- Detailed technical knowledge of data protection regulations, including GDPR
- Have an interest in wider data protection and privacy issues
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.