Purpose of Role
The Business Analyst acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with IT project teams, external vendors and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed. The Business Analyst is an active thought partner and application visionary that shapes the technology demand among the business community. Additionally the business analyst identifies testing strategies for change including where necessary development of test scripts, data and execution of tests to confirmed the functionality meets the business needs. The analyst also supports the transition of functionality to the business through development and delivery of operational processes, training and documentation.
- Strong analytical skills applied to understanding business functionality and translating them into application requirements
- Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question thought partners across functional areas
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products
- Ability to partner with software engineers , vendors and quality analysts to identify course of resolutions
- Strong understanding of basic system engineering, object-oriented design, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards
- Modelling Techniques: Object Orientation analysis, UML (e.g. Use Cases, Activity Diagrams)
- In depth understanding of the various software development lifecycles (e.g. Agile, RUP, and Waterfall)
- Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
- 3-5 years' relevant experience
Please read the Recruitment Privacy Notice
before submitting your application.
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.