Purpose of Role
The Senior IT Manager is responsible for building, coaching, developing, supporting and leading the IT team to:
- Deputise for the CTO
- Develop, implement, and coordinate systems, policies and procedures to support the implementation of strategies set by senior management.
- Ensure the security, availability, and integrity of the banks information systems, networks and end user equipment.
- Manage IT risk within the appetite set by the company.
- Coordinate the work of the company’s external IT Service providers.
- Ensure that IT resources are sufficient and are efficiently used.
- Deliver IT projects through the fill lifecycle from design thro to implementation within budget and on time.
- Deliver end-to-end incident support to business users and key business stakeholders with particular focus on the IT systems operated by the Bank, acting as the coordination point for application-related incidents and issues.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead teams to perform their scope of work and to develop and implement reporting of performance to key stakeholders
- Strong customer service ethic
- A team player with a positive attitude who demonstrates a flexible approach to work
- Excellent technical skills with exposure to cyber security and cloud hosted infrastructure
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- B.SC in computing science or business degree with some technical element (e.g. maths or engineering). and several years of relevant experience in IT management within a banking environment
- Evidence is required of project management skills, preferably related to IT. A project management qualification is advantageous. A minimum of 7-12 years’ experience in delivery and management of IT is required
: This job description provides an indication of the skills required and responsibilities associated with this position. It is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements. The job description is regularly reviewed and may be changed without prior consultation.
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.