Purpose of Role
Responsible for supporting the CPO in the development and implementation of the HR strategy across the general HR team and building the capability of the function ensuring an ethos of HR professionalism and service excellence. Manage and develop a small team.
- Strong remuneration and reward, including but not limited to; Sales Incentive Schemes, Share option plans, auto-enrolment, CRD IV
- Excellent strategic and technical HR knowledge
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of the Senior Manager & Certification Regime
- Strong interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy
- Strong leadership and decision making
- Excellent IT skills with business software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Proactive team player with strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates passion and is committed to upholding professional standards
- Takes responsibility for own actions and visibly supports the HR team members and other colleagues
- Self-motivated and self-aware - recognises own strengths and weaknesses and is committed to personal development and the development of others
- Displays integrity - is sincere in own behaviour and in dealings with others
- Takes a broad interest in the success and development of the company and the human resource function as a whole
- Understanding and practical knowledge of employment regulation and legislation and employer best practice
- HR systems knowledge
- Can quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions ability to generate effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented
- Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations using a pragmatic and commonsense approach
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience within financial services
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject
- CIPD qualified
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Strong generalist background covering employee relations, compensation & benefits, MI analytics, recruitment, L&D, talent, succession planning, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of the Senior Manager Certification Regime
Note: this job description provides an indication of the skills required and responsibilities associated with this position. It is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements. The job description is regularly reviewed and may be changed without prior consultation.
Please read the Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application.
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.