Purpose of Role
The role holder of Product Manager is responsible for driving and owning key new product developments, customer analysis and pricing on the full range of mortgage products offered by the bank. In addition, the Product Manager would be responsible for recommending pricing changes across the product range. The role will also be critical in supporting the production of annual product reviews, post implementation reviews and pricing strategy.
The role holder will work very closely with the Product Director and need to develop strong relationships with other teams and functions of the bank.
The role holder will investigate ways to improve the current acquisition and retention performance, enhance distribution, ensure regulatory compliance and work closely with the credit analytics team creating insight into the quality and type of customers we are on-boarding and their ‘whole of life’ performance.
The role will suit those who can combine curiosity with intellect and analysis, insight and thought leadership with delivery.
- Comfortable and confident in dealing with senior executives
- Attention to detail, delivery focussed and skilled at managing stakeholders.
- Highly familiar with the regulatory framework around mortgage products
- Capability to turn MI and insight into actionable information
- Strong team player that can work with and influence key senior stakeholders
- Ability to work on their own initiative.
- A self-starter and completer/finisher
- A can-do attitude that can deal with uncertainty
- Intermediate skills on Powerpoint and Excel
- The applicant should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in mortgage product management
- The applicant should be familiar with key mortgage regulation and the broker origination model
- Have a good level of understanding as to the commercial drivers of mortgage products
- The position requires high quality written, oral and reading communication skills to enable the applicant to accurately obtain, interpret and transcribe a variety of communications and instructions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong team player and the ability to adjust and interact at all levels.
- The applicant must be multi-task oriented, organised, set priorities and meet deadlines and take pride in their own and their teams work.
- Strong numerical focus but in tune with customers and their needs
- Ability to interpret data, market reports and customer metrics to derive specific customer/product solutions
- 5-10 years’ experience of working within a FS company or a Bank
- A proven capacity to learn, grow and change
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.