Purpose of Role
The Treasury Analyst’s primary responsibility is to support the Treasury Manager with the operational activities of the Masthaven Bank Treasury team. This includes Balance Sheet Management and development and maintenance of the day to day treasury processes and policies.
The Treasury Analyst is expected to continually assess and control operational risks, streamline and develop processes and support the Treasury function to ensure that key stakeholders’ requirements are met through the timely delivery of standard papers.
- Excellent communicator and team player who has an organised, transparent and pragmatic approach
- Strong numerical, analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Good communications and experience with managing internal and external relations
- Well-developed report writing capabilities
- Solid understanding of the UK retail banking market
- Awareness of the regulatory environment
- A team player who can work in a small team in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving Bank
- Ability to adapt and take on new processes as the business evolves
- Integrity, transparency, patience and a good communicator
- Enthusiastic 'can do' attitude
- Numerate and analytical in approach with an excellent attention to detail
- Confident in challenging others, whilst at the same time maintaining and building professional relationships
- The ideal candidate will have worked in the Treasury of a UK Bank with a minimum of 2 years’ knowledge in asset and liability management and analytics
- They will have an analytical/numerical academic background and strong IT skills, especially with Excel and ALM systems
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, in relevant discipline
- ACT, CFA or accounting qualification, or working towards, an advantage
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.