Purpose of Role
The Application Support Senior Analyst is responsible for supporting the building, coaching, development of the team to deliver end-to-end support to our Business users and key business stakeholders, with particular focus on the core business applications operated by the Bank (primarily DPR for Savings and Lending but across other Bank systems too).
By partnering with end-users, IT & technology groups and 3rd party systems suppliers (e.g. CSI and DPR), the Application Support Senior Analyst ensures all incidents are analyzed, resolved, and reported back within appropriate timeframes, and ensuring that the appropriate communications are generated where things are progressing in queues, etc.
The Application Support Senior Analyst will perform several daily, regular Operations tasks as part of our “Run-the-bank” regular routines, procedures and “run-books”, including e.g. Product changes, daily checks on MI production, Pools, and other systems daily health-checks, etc. This work will require some flexibility re time of day checking in collaboration with other team colleagues (e.g. some tasks may be early start of day or late end of day checking and validation).
There will also be a requirement to support our IT department on their “out-of-hours” support rota so that we have someone on call 24/7 that is able to handle out-of-hours systems issues and incidents, liaising with 3rd party suppliers and internal Bank key stakeholders (it’s approx. 1 week in 6).
- Ability to be the secondary key escalation point (in the absence of the Manager, Change Implementation and Application Support) for urgent and critical incidents, interact successfully with key internal and external stakeholders, using combinations of evidence and positive influencing skills to achieve speedy resolution of issues with agreed action plans and ownership of issues and incidents
- Help to develop and implement increasingly enhanced reporting of performance to key stakeholders.
- Ability to clearly articulate Application incident issues and risks to senior management so excellent communication skills and the ability to translate impacts in business terms is essential
- Be process orientated with excellent attention to detail, remaining calm and positive in the face of many, often conflicting demands
- Be able to drive iterative improvement in the productivity and performance of the overall team and have a passion for opportunities to improve not just the their own and the team’s performance, but the performance of business users and key stakeholders when it comes to the use and incident management of core bank applications
- Strong customer service ethic
- Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve issues
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective prioritisation skills
- Excellent understanding of the banking businesses and how the applications used by the bank support the customer and business lifecycle
- Solid understanding of core bank business processes
- Knowledge of DPR and other core platforms is especially beneficial though not essential
- Experience of dealing with clients and use of ticket logging systems
- Excellent organisational and communications skills
- Interfacing with 3rd party application service providers
- Experience of financial systems preferably mortgage and/or savings systems
- Good knowledge of PLSQL to investigate and manage data as required
- Experience of Windows architectures and basic Windows operations techniques
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.