Purpose of Role
The Senior Manager Servicing and Collections will manage, lead and co-ordinate resources within the Servicing & Collections business area. Supporting and acting as deputy to the Head of Servicing and Collections, the prime objective of the role holder will be to ensure that established Masthaven mortgage customers are provided with a first-class service and are appropriately supported and managed if they experience financial difficultly during the lifetime of their loan.
The Senior Manager Servicing and Collections will lead and create an environment that encourages maximum operational and financial efficiency. They will be highly organised and structured and possess a leadership style that creates team focus, energy, commitment and engagement. The role holder will be an experienced people manager and experienced coach who encourages colleagues to improve and develop their performance and capability. Able to identify, coach and support colleagues who need to improve their performance, the Senior Manager Servicing and Collections will be a confident and competent communicator, who is able to motivate and inspire colleagues whether in a 1-to- 1 meeting or communicating effectively to the team as a whole. Calm in demeanour, the role holder will have well-developed skills in managing ambiguity and managing challenging stakeholders. Mandated to make budgetary and customer- related Servicing and Collections decisions in line with the relevant bank policies and risk appetite, the role holder will be required to play an active and material role supporting the Head of Servicing and Collections and in the creation of policy, process and the strategic direction of the function.
- Leadership and management
- Results focus and delivery
- Planning and control
- Stakeholder management
- Managing change
- Customer service
- Business and commercial acumen
- The applicant would ideally have leadership and management experience in Mortgage Servicing and Collections, in a regulated mortgage environment or similar
- The position requires high quality written, oral and reading communication skills to enable the applicant to accurately obtain, interpret and transcribe a variety of communications and instructions
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Excel) is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Familiarity with MCOB, TCF and conduct risk
- The applicant must be multi-task oriented, organised, set priorities and meet deadlines and take pride in their own and their team's work
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.