Purpose of Role
The role of Complaints Manager will be responsible for centrally co-ordinating complaints management, including operating the complaints log, managing responses to customers in line with regulatory timescales, ensuring compliance with FCA requirements including DISP and liaising with the Financial Ombudsman where appropriate.
The Complaints Manager will maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across the business and provide training and support to enable business units better identify expressions of dissatisfaction and support root cause analysis and enhance processes/countermeasures.
A key requirement of the role is to maintain a key focus on customer outcomes and work with stakeholders to ensure we deliver fair outcomes for customers across all product lines.
- A recent background in lending or savings would be an advantage
- Complaint handling and letter-writing experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - this is required when delivering complaint outcomes to customers
- Ability to influence stakeholders, both internal and external, through persuasive and well-articulated discussion
- Investigative mindset, with an ability to liaise with different departments to get the information required
- An ability to step back, consider, and bring an open mind to enable you to form conclusions based on the available evidence
- A calm, analytical and organised personality
EntryRequired knowledge and experience
Desirable knowledge and experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience of dealing with complaints at a managerial level
- Minimum of five years’ experience of successful line management
- Minimum of three years’ experience of systems and processes in an FCA-regulated environment
- Ability to implement strategies for maximising output, efficiency and productivity in a complex fast-paced business
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Familiarity with the key regulatory requirements associated with complaints handling, in particular DISP
- Experience in communicating with the Financial Ombudsman
- Experience in preparing reports highlighting options and recommendations
- Relevant professional dispute resolution qualification; a banking background.
- Experience working within the mortgage sector, and if possible within firms that utilise intermediary distribution channels
- Experience performing quality assurance
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.