Purpose of Role
We are recruting for two assistant underwriters to join our Short-Term Lending team on six-month full-time contracts.
The role is focused on providing assistance to the underwriting team, supporting the underwriters with the day to day processing of loan applications from application stage through to completion. Primary tasks include issuing amended Mortgage Illustrations and Decisions in Principle to brokers and intermediaries where required, the production of legal documentation, pro-actively managing correspondence from third parties and ensuring a ‘gatekeeper’ approach is maintained at all stages to identify any discrepancies/concerns at the earliest opportunity.
The Assistant Underwriter will work closely with the Underwriter and will provide support on all aspects of the loan journey plus actively responding to third parties promptly without undue delay.
The role will also include administrative duties.
- Strong attention to detail, double checking own work for accuracy
- Ability to work confidently within a team or individually
- Highly organised and pro-active
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally including use of the telephone to convey information to third parties in a professional and business like manner
- Actively expresses ideas to better own understanding and knowledge and receptive to receiving feedback to continuously develop
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with all third parties
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- Computer literate and numerate
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and ability to problem solve within job role
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Demonstrates a basic awareness of the financial services industry and regulations
- Drives own personal development, striving to continuously improve technical knowledge and delivers on agreed objectives
- This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter who already has finance industry experience
- A minimum of a year’s experience within the mortgage industry is essential.
- A background of dealing with borrowers/brokers would also be an advantade
- Excellent computer literacy and ability to communicate verbally and in writing using good business English
Masthaven Bank is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. This applies to promotion, training and all other aspects of employment as well as our recruitment processes.